Thursday, July 19, 2007

Week One

My first week with Blend was a pretty exciting one. I spent a very little amount of time in the UI to get a feel for the workspace and try to familiarize myself with the tools. I am confident in saying that anyone with experience in tools like Photoshop, Flash, and Illustrator will immediately feel comfortable knowing that they have a base understanding of the tools for the most part. The standard Bézier drawing tools are there as well as your basic shape tools. (I LOVE THE BRUSH TRANSFORM TOOL!)

Microsoft has done a very good job in combining the best features of most of the software out on the market. While there are certainly tools that I understood there are also tools that are a mystery too.

In my first week I also spent a lot of time reading articles, listening to podcasts, watching videos, and exploring tutorials to get me ramped up to work in the application. I have compiled a list of some the resources that really impressed me the most.

Coming soon: Tony tries to make stuff in Blend!

No comments: