Thursday, July 19, 2007

Week One

My first week with Blend was a pretty exciting one. I spent a very little amount of time in the UI to get a feel for the workspace and try to familiarize myself with the tools. I am confident in saying that anyone with experience in tools like Photoshop, Flash, and Illustrator will immediately feel comfortable knowing that they have a base understanding of the tools for the most part. The standard B├ęzier drawing tools are there as well as your basic shape tools. (I LOVE THE BRUSH TRANSFORM TOOL!)

Microsoft has done a very good job in combining the best features of most of the software out on the market. While there are certainly tools that I understood there are also tools that are a mystery too.

In my first week I also spent a lot of time reading articles, listening to podcasts, watching videos, and exploring tutorials to get me ramped up to work in the application. I have compiled a list of some the resources that really impressed me the most.

Coming soon: Tony tries to make stuff in Blend!

No comments: